- 100g of DHF organic chopped kale
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the chopped kale and massage it into the leaves with your hands for 1-2 minutes, until the kale has wilted slightly.
- Add the sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and grated/shaved Parmesan cheese to the salad and toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Kale: Kale is a superfood that is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, which can help support bone health, immune function, and vision health.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a healthy fat that is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. It can help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and support healthy brain function.
- Lemon: Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for immune function and skin health. They also contain compounds called flavonoids, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic: Garlic is a potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent. It may also help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Almonds: Almonds are a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. They may also help lower cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation, and support healthy brain function.
- Dried cranberries: Dried cranberries are a good source of antioxidants and fiber. They may also help support urinary tract health and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is a good source of calcium and protein. It may also help support bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.