- 2 cups organic kale leaves or 100g of DHF Triple-washed ready-to-eat organic Chopped Kale
- 2 bananas (frozen bananas work best)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup organic almond milk (can substitute with lowfat milk)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon organic chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- Rinse the kale leaves under cold water and remove any tough stems if needed.
- Cut the banana into small pieces (freeze it advance).
- Add the kale, banana, honey, yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, and flax seeds to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy!
Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Organic Kale: High in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as antioxidants and fiber. Kale has been linked to reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, and inflammation.
- Banana: Rich in potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and support heart health. Bananas are also a good source of fiber and vitamin C.
- Honey: Contains antioxidants and has antibacterial properties, which can help to boost the immune system.
- Yogurt: Rich in probiotics, which can improve gut health and boost the immune system. Yogurt is also a good source of calcium and protein.
- Almond Milk: A dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk that is low in calories and high in calcium, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
- Chia Seeds: High in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to reduce inflammation and support heart health.
- Flax Seeds: Also high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, flax seeds have been linked to improved digestive health, lower cholesterol levels, and reduced risk of heart disease.